Little Deschutes Lodges 1 & 2
Serving More of Deschutes County.
The growth in Deschutes County is by no means limited to the Bend area. In order to hedge against simultaneous high rental rates and low vacancy rates in other parts of Deschutes County, Pacific Crest Affordable Housing created two phases of Little Deschutes Lodge offering over 52 affordable units to residents 55 and older.
Sustainability in Action
The second phase of Little Deschutes Lodge is recognized as one of the most sustainable multi-family buildings in the country.
In 2014, it was awarded Novogradac's Renewable Energy Power Award for a Small Community Project.
Here's how we got there:
- 32.2 kW solar photovoltaic system
- Solar heated hot water throughout building
- Ground source heating and cooling
- Dual flush toilets (also plumbed for gray water use)
- LED and motion-sensored lighting
- EnergyStar rated appliances